Farkle was Re: hist-games: FW: Senet

Chas webmaster at historicgames.com
Mon Oct 31 05:45:48 PST 2005

It seems to me I have read that a Senet board (or was it the Royal game
of Ur) as being the oldest -complete- board game ever found. Could that
be part of the confusion?

As long as the list has risen from the dead in time for Hallowe'en I'll
ask another question. Anyone have an age for the dice game Farkle? All I
can find it that it comes from a French game of 'Dix Mille" It seems to
be popular with some 19th century reenactors but I haven't found
anything showing it's that old. Some websites call it "medieval" with no
evidence to back it up.

Chas
--
MacGregor Historic Games