hist-games: Rules of Toccadille

reid robert reidrobert7 at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 3 16:36:10 PST 2004

I recently came across a German website which provides the rules of Toccadille: http://www.derbackgammonfreund.de/Toccadille.htm. They are fairly brief and just about sufficient to provide a playable game, although several points are left unclear. I have never seen the game described before, but it is occasionally mentioned in books on boardgames as a relative of Trictrac. While having obvious points in common with Trictrac, Toccadille, as described here, also shares features with Gegenpuff and Revertier.

Is anyone else familiar with the rules of the game from other sources?

Best wishes,

Robert.

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail