hist-games: Game of the Goose

Bruce Padget bapadget at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 05:58:39 PDT 2003

Looking at Dagonel's and Modar's online
reconstructions of the Game of the Goose, I noticed
that both have the "well" and "prison" spaces doing
the same thing.  However, Dagonel says to stay at each
space until another lands there, and Modar says to
lose a turn at each space.

What are the arguments for the differing
reconstructions?  Also, it seems odd to me to have two
different spaces that do exactly the same thing.
Would a reconstruction where the "well" loses a turn,
and the "prison" holds you until another lands there
be reasonable?

Regards,
Niccolo
bapadget at yahoo.com