hist-games: Re: Huss

Alisa Ann herbevor at pcmagic.net
Fri Jun 20 12:15:32 PDT 2003

well, here's what I can tell you. in A history of board-games other than
chess by H.J.R. Murray
he refers to a game called Hus or Huts. he list it as South-west africa,
Damara, Herero, and Hottentot Tribes.
this one is classified as a Mancala style game. If it is not the same
game perhaps you can ask him for
his research notes.  I also occasionally teach Historical games at a
Renaissance emersion weekend (LORE), is california,
and would never get offended if some one asked me where I got my research.

My 2 Cents
Alisa Ann

--
come sing me a bawdy song; make me merry.
 - King Henry IV, Part I

Get a Free .tk domain name
http://www.dot.tk/
coupon code: 35287