hist-games: Huss/Mancala/Wari

Rebecca Mikkelsen mikkelsen_rebecca at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 11:35:38 PDT 2003

I have a friend who plays/teaches a version of Mancala/Wari that he calls
"Huss" and he says it is the only version of the Mancala-type games played
in Europe during the SCA time frame.  He actually gets insulted if you call
his game Mancala!  As far as I can tell his Huss is just another version of
Mancala.  I haven't been able to find any references to Huss, but
information about Mancala and Wari is vast.  Has anyone else heard about
Huss?

Rebecca