hist-games: "sixes" dice game

MorrisFri at aol.com MorrisFri at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 07:52:34 PDT 2003

I have heard of a similar dice game which was called "Bogaziti."   The main
difference between it and the game you describe is that you don't have to score
800 to enter the game, and there is another combination that scores, that of
rolling a "straight" or a "run" of consecutive numbers.   The lowest number is
used in the 100's place, the second lowest in the ten's place and the highest
number in the one's place. Ex: rolling a one, two, three, would score one
hundred twenty-three; rolling a four, five six would score four hundred
fifty-six.   After setting aside the three dice used on the "run" an extra roll of 1
still adds 50 points, but no other roll scores. Rolling and not scoring still
wipes out your score the that turn.

I like this version because it gives more opportunities to score.
There is another game sold in the USA as "Cosmic Wimpout" that is also very
similar.