hist-games: Checker Board?

Todd Fischer imelod at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 26 11:04:20 PDT 2003

For my birthday, my mother has given me a game board that her father made...

I think its for checkers, but if so my granddad did not know how many
squares a checker board should have...

Instead of being 8 x 8 squares, the board is 10 x 10 squares...they are
coloured black and red...

The pieces are pegs, about half marked with a line across their tops...when
I got the board the outside two rows of squares, on all four sides, were
filled with pieces...

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Or is it, as I said earlier, just a
mistake on my granddad's part?

Oh, he was from Northern Ontario if that's any help (regional variant?)...

Todd/Colyne