hist-games: The Royal Game of the Ombre.

Imran Ghory imran at bits.bris.ac.uk
Mon Mar 24 18:18:38 PST 2003

Does anyone here have access to a copy of Thomas Palmer's "The Royal Game
of the Ombre." (1665) ?

 I've made a transcription of the work but several words are unreadable on
my edition and I would like to find out what they are before I link to the
transcription on my site. The words I need checked out are marked by
question-marks at <http://bits.bris.ac.uk/imran/games/ombre.txt>.

Incidently if anyone has access to the third edition of Wits Interpreter
I'd appreciate it if they could do the same for my
transcription of it's section on Gleek which I've got at
<http://bits.bris.ac.uk/imran/games/gleek.txt>.

Thanks,

Imran Ghory
--