hist-games: camel dice

Alan Winston awinston at scn.org
Fri Nov 22 21:39:21 PST 2002

"Camel - The Game"

(c)  1992 R.J .Reynolds

Contents
- six dice, as described;
- 48 cards, with ranks as dice faces, eight each, illustrated with "Joe
Camel" double ended figures;
- Score pad
- rule sheet;
- packaged in box designed like oversized Camel cigarette pack.

Game is sort of a vague cross between the Hearts dice game and Liar's Dice.

Has appeared regularly and cheaply on Ebay for years. Current listings as
item #  737483083, 738486210,  738888133,  738919076,  738958050. The second
listing has the best illustrations:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=738486210

Even with the full set, I don't bother with the cards or the rules, and
simply play a Hearts variation with the dice.

Alan Winston
Seattle