hist-games: Game Tournament

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Fri Nov 22 20:59:06 PST 2002

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 08:56:19PM -0800, Michael and Susan McKay wrote:

> I guess the most natural method is to gamble with all the games.  The person
> with the most "money" at the end of the night is the obvious winner.

Yes, but this doesn't work like you think it might: what I've seen
happen is that a popular person will ask all their friends to give
them their money. I think you're better off directly linking it to the
games, such as "winner gets 1/2 of the loser's money" and prohibiting
giving money away.

-- greg