hist-games: More on period card games

Jane & Mark Waks waks at attbi.com
Sun Nov 3 08:19:14 PST 2002

Thierry Depaulis wrote:
> However, a new reference just found in my notes may shed some light on it:
>
> Sir John HARINGTON, "Nugae antiquae: A Treatise on Playe" (c. 1596) (ed.
> 1804, p. 220/221)

Doing a quick Google search, I also find a reference to this edition:

Harington, John. "A Treatise on Playe," in Nugae Antiquae, 3 vols., ed.
Henry Harington . Hildesheim: George Olms, 1968. Vol. 2, 154-208.

(The reference comes from a Shakespeare bibliography, at:
http://www.hfac.uh.edu/english/faculty/herendeen/Bibliography3306.htm)

				-- Justin

"If I knew who you were and what you were doing here, I might be
 flattered... but I don't, so I'll have to confine my emotions to
 homicidal rage."
		-- Secret Six