hist-games: dating period card games

Imran Ghory imran at bits.bris.ac.uk
Thu Oct 24 12:53:48 PDT 2002

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Jane & Mark Waks wrote:

> Imran Ghory wrote:
> > I've been searching english literature for early references to card games
> > and have produced a list of dates of the earliest mention of card games
> > that I could find.
>
> Very useful. Once this settles down, it would be great to have on the
> Web somewhere. If you put it on your own site, could you send me a link,
> and I'll hook it into the Period Games page?

I've got a rough draft up at,

http://bits.bris.ac.uk/imran/games/cards.html

I'll clean it up and add quotes and an introduction when I have some
spare time. But I've got the important parts up (date/source).

Incidently does anyone know of any period references to the
game of "Imperial", as I've got one from 1577, but the next one after that
is from 1798 ?

Imran
--
http://bits.bris.ac.uk/imran