hist-games: Fidchell pieces

Jeroen Donkers donkers at cs.unimaas.nl
Thu Oct 24 06:19:25 PDT 2002

Hello,

On the web there is a suggestion that Fidchell is a kind of Hnefatafl, but
Murray
thinks that Fidchell was originally more like Roman Latrunculi and is later
replaced by a Tafl
variant under Nordic influences.

(see http://elisaid.antir.com/games/fidchell.htm and
 http://www.historicgames.com/learnmore/fid.html and
Murray's "History of games other than chess"
(I just recieved my copy from PSBooks - thanks to this list) )

Jeroen Donkers.