hist-games: Kubb

Jane & Mark Waks waks at attbi.com
Sun Oct 20 17:36:39 PDT 2002

Alan Winston wrote:
> The Swedish game of Kubb has been mentioned in this list in the past,
> inconclusively as to its actual age.
>
> Has any substantive historical information ever been turned up?

Nothing of any depth yet. I keep hearing vague references to
archaeological evidence when I look around, but no details to date. I
keep hoping to get more substantiation -- I quite like the game, and
would be more than happy to discover that it's actually ancient...

				-- Justin

And, coming soon, KoshBits(TM) Multi-grain Cereal(TM).  "You are not
ready for Healthy Goodness"