hist-games: New Reconstruction of Primero

Alan Winston awinston at scn.org
Tue Oct 15 07:29:16 PDT 2002

Very Interesting. Thank you for your work.

In the somewhat convoluted process of "so the 2-5 have 10 added to their
value; 6 and 7 are trebled; aces are work 16 and coats are worth 10. It
takes a little practice to get used to this, but it becomes intuitive after
a while," one might note that the 5 is trebled as well -- it follows both
rules.

That's not much help by itself, but it did lead me to the simpler (for me)
concept of "the 2-7 score the higher of either ten plus the number or the
trebling of the number."

Alan Winston
Seattle