hist-games: Game Pronunciation Question - New to the List

SEDWilkins at aol.com SEDWilkins at aol.com
Wed Jul 10 03:17:50 PDT 2002

Ian Korman wrote:

>  I got the rules for the game from the
>  book, "Sports and Games of Medieval Cultures" by Sally Wilkins. I sure wish
>  she would have put a pronunciations in the book. It is a great book
>  otherwise.

Ooh, what a good idea. Maybe Greenwood will do a second edition and I can add
them (assuming I can figure them out . . .)

>It is a great book otherwise.

Thank you! Members of this list were very helpful in my research!

I will inquire of my Finnish-speaking cousin as to the best pronunciation of
Dablot Prejjesne and let you know what I find out.

Sally Wilkins
<A
HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/0313317119/gl

ance/ref=pm_dp_ln_b_1/102-7486696-8176929">Sports and Games of Medieval
Cultures</A>
Greenwood Press, 2002