hist-games: Game Pronunciation Question - New to the List

Jheromyn ben Mikiel, Bordar du Cynnabar jheromyn at kormanworld.net
Sun Jul 7 16:24:53 PDT 2002

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member of this mailing list. I just want to say hello to
everyone. I have recently started studying and hand-making historical games
of the Renaissance and earlier time periods.

I am making a Dablot Prejjesne board and pieces. This is a game from
Lapland.

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly how to pronounce the name of this
game. I think it might be 'da-blat prAjesnE' but I am not sure. There is
very little about this game online. I got the rules for the game from the
book, "Sports and Games of Medieval Cultures" by Sally Wilkins. I sure wish
she would have put a pronunciations in the book. It is a great book
otherwise.

-- Ian Korman