hist-games: farkle

Alexx S Kay alexx at TheWorld.com
Thu May 2 14:05:01 PDT 2002

> According to www.cosmicwimpout.com the game is celebrating it's 25th
> anniversary this year.  They claim they made it up and it's not based on
> anything.

I recall an article in a CW newsletter a long time ago, that spoke of
its roots in a dice game played by lumberjacks in the Pacific Northwest.
Of course, they could easily have been making that up for fun.

Alexx Kay
Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employers
alexx at world.std.com
http://world.std.com/~alexx
A real friend isn't someone you use and throw away.
 A real friend is someone who you use again and again.
   [Seen on a Nancy Button, nancy at genie.slhs.udel.edu]