hist-games: "Seven-sided Backgammon" reconstruction now up

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Wed May 1 21:03:53 PDT 2002

> > I'd be intersted in the construction of these 7-sided dice.  I have a set
> > of commercial 7-siders which are a pentagon on two sides and more or less
> > square on the other five.  Terribly irregular, but they do the job.
>
> Check out my article, which goes into some detail about what I did.
> Sounds like your commercial 7-siders are similar to what I wound up
> doing by hand. (I'm fascinated, BTW -- where did you get these? I've
> never seen a 7-sider, even in a catalog...)

Gaming convvention several years ago for one set, another slightly
different set I got from my local gaming shop a few months after that.
www.bridgetownhobbies.com

I haven't gotten a catalog in years, so I'm not sure who made them.

- Teceangl
--
  A knowledge of Sanskrit is of little use to a man trapped in a sewer.