hist-games: "Seven-sided Backgammon" reconstruction now up

Jane & Mark Waks waks at attbi.com
Wed May 1 13:54:13 PDT 2002

Howdy, all. Just a note that I've been playing with the Astronomical
Tables game (a 13th-century seven player "backgammon" variant) in the
Alfonso MS for some months now, and I'm now happy enough with it that
I've written it up and put it on the Period Games Homepage:

	http://www.waks.org/game-hist/game-recon-astrotables.html

The game proves to be fun, quick and easy. The equipment took a fair
while to make (not least, the seven-sided dice that it calls for), but
it was well worthwhile.

I'll probably teach it at Pennsic this year. (Once I'm at Pennsic, I'll
look at my schedule, and post a time in the games tent.) Meantime, I
encourage others to mess around with it...