hist-games: Golf

Bethel comfort at waypoint.com
Tue Jan 8 22:26:56 PST 2002

Hi Folks, I'm new to this list and I am wondering if anyone here has any
resources or information about early golf. Very early golf...

I would like to get a little game together this spring with a few friends.

I have some information already, I've gotten a look at some of the old
clubs, I know about the feather filled leather balls, etc, but I would like
more information.

I'd like to know if anyone knows where I can get a look at the laws the
Scottish Parliment passed in an attempt to ban the game. Also, some idea of
the earliest rules would be nice. If anyone has a suggestion of what to use
for clubs, that would be nice too. I'm thinking we could use some regular 5
irons, but if anyone has a better idea let me know. Any other information
would be appreciated too!

Thanks!

Bethel Prescott