hist-games: Early Polyhedral Dice?

frenchdice frenchdice at worldonline.fr
Sun Dec 2 14:24:57 PST 2001

I can confirm the 20-sider in the Louvre marked with roman numbers I, II, ..., XX along with roman letters.
I also know of a 12 sided zodiac die found in the cathedral in Geneva, Switzerland; see for a replica the site:
http://www.multimania.com/arjan/switz.htm

It dates back to about 400 AD.
Besides these 2 dice I have never seen ancient dice with more than 6 sides.
see also:  http://www.multimania.com/arjan/roman.htm    for my collection of ancient dice

Arjan (alias "frenchdice")