hist-games: please more game details

David Baines alfred1sca at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 1 16:19:36 PST 2001

Reading this post reminded me of Chess playing in the SCA.  From time to
time, I get called upon to run a gaming tournament.  Often, I will use
Byzantine Chess as one of the tourny games.  It seems to work well because
the irregular board is a constant reminder to the players that they are not
playing modern chess and that the pieces move differenly.

I have also tried running period chess variants which use the modern board
but that seems to confuse people since they keep thinking of modern chess.
I want to go on record as suggesting that Byzantine Chess be used as SCA
chess!

FWIW,

Alfred