hist-games: Subject: hist-games

Marilyn strawberry at bigfoot.com
Tue Sep 11 09:13:23 PDT 2001

--Original Message-----
From: Marilyn [mailto:strawberry at bigfoot.com]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 7:17 AM
To: Michael and Susan McKay
Subject: Re: hist-games: Quinquentovum

I know of Quinquentovum
It's  like crapes and from the 16th century
The shooter was called the banker. He kept the dice as long as he won.
when
he lost
the dice passed to the player on the right. the other players were
called,
bridges.
they placed their bets and the banker covered them. then he throw two
dice.
he would win all bets if he threw doublets , three, or eleven (Called
hazards).
If he threw five or nine ( called contraries) he lost all bets.
If he threw seven or an even non- doublet number, this became his point.
He
had to
throw his point again before throwing a five or nine to win. If he threw
five or
nine he lost and the dice passed to the next player. as the bridge
collected
their
winnings.

Michael and Susan McKay wrote:

> Forwarded from a bounce (standard reason: sending address was not a
member
> of the list).  -mjm-

Wonder if