hist-games: www.waks.org back up

Jane & Mark Waks waks at ne.mediaone.net
Thu Aug 16 14:55:37 PDT 2001

Okay, I've concluded that AT&T Broadband are simply idiots, and given up
for now. (No HTTP traffic is getting to my machine, on *any* port. No, I
don't know why -- AT&T's response is simply, "You shouldn't be running a
web server, so we can't help you". I'm apparently behind a draconian
firewall.)

www.waks.org now points to a site on a new ISP (web2010), and most of
the critical bits are now up and running again. The Historical Games
site and Carolingian site seem to be entirely up; the EK Precedence
files are all there, but some of the internal links need fixing. The
Rolls Ethereal are down for the moment; I'll probably get around to
getting them working properly in a few days.

Please note, as always, that bookmarks and links should go to the
corresponding address under "www.waks.org", the permanent forwarding
address, *not* to the URL that shows up on the page, which should be
considered temporary. Any pointers to the raw URLs may eventually die.
Any existing links that go to "waks.ne.mediaone.net" should be updated
to point to "www.waks.org" instead. Thanks...