hist-games: RE: Question about a dice game

James Masters james.masters at ukonline.co.uk
Wed May 9 23:33:58 PDT 2001

I've done a bit of research on Shut the Box and there are certainly a number
of interpretations of the rules and how to score.  The single die is just
one possible difference.  If you're playing that rule, then generally it's
best to take the option.  The thing that was perhaps misunderstood is that
both dice must be used or else the turn ends.

I've listed the variations I found here.  Apologies for gratuitous
advertising.

http://www.mastersgames.com/rules/shut-box-rules.htm

James Masters
The Online Guide to Traditional Games