hist-games: SV: hist-games-digest V1 #306

Mattila Johannes johannes.mattila at tullverket.se
Wed May 9 06:47:54 PDT 2001

> From: Eva Grammer <kattmeow at nvrfastenuf.com>
> Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 00:04:17 -0400
> Subject: hist-games: Kubb
>
> Has anyone heard of this game?  And is it SCA-period?
>
> I got fairly detailed rules for it on an email list I'm on, but I've
> never heard of it.

Its a game from gotland Sweden, but asking a friend of mine from that area
she cant remember to have heard of dokumentation for it, more than that its
played in one of the viking villages there. Looking at kubb clubs they
referens only a belief of the game to be a viking game.
If you want a dokumented game kubb is propobly not what your looking for but
if you are willing to accept its loose grounds its a game I happily
reckomend playing at events as well as at your normal barbeque. Its a fun
game that most can join in straingt away.

/Steinar