hist-games: Pre-15 Centure Dice

Heather Sayers hsayers at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 09:14:42 PDT 2001

Hi there -

I have been researching dice from the middle ages, and have found a number
of dice games that were played, but can't seem to find any information on
how to actually make the dice.  I realize that many people used
knucklebones, etc, but I'm interested in making the dice out of clay or
ceramic (which are period).

If anyone has any resources or hints for me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for your time.

Heather Sayers
SCA  Gwenhwyfar the Inquisitive