hist-games: FW: Catching a Greased Pig

Susan and Michael McKay seaan at concentric.net
Tue Apr 17 20:17:26 PDT 2001

Any one have some help for Jan?

Michael McKay
seaan at concentric.net   or  owner-hist-games at pbm.com

-----Original Message-----
From: jcollins [mailto:jcollins at apptechin.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 1:13 PM
To: owner-hist-games at pbm.com
Subject: Help!!!

My son is working on a 6th grade Renaissance project and he has comitted
himself and me to two things: 1) Making a renaissance costume, easy
enough, but also has to have four sources  on his choice of outfit, OK,
and 2) a three sided "billboard" showing multiple pictures, the rules
and the history of "The Game of Catching a Greased Pig"!!! I have been
searching everywhere, most articles pertain to politics and the rest are
state or local fairs.  Do you know where I can get this kind of info or
is my son totally off in the wrong direction? Was this a game during the
renaissance period, etc??? It is due by this Thursday, the 19th, of
course.

Thanks,
Jan