hist-games: game/toymaking guilds?

Chas webmaster at historicgames.com
Sun Mar 25 08:17:54 PST 2001

I ran across someone (no references mentioned) talking about guilds, or at
least craftsmen who specialized in making dice including "novelty" dice like
the ivory German naked man & woman dice
http://www.historicgames.com/gifs/l&l.jpg  I have not seen any reference to
dice making itself as a specialty trade, and assumed they were made by
toymakers, or general workers in bone/ivory or whatever material. Can anyone
refer me to more information on this, and/or guilds related to game-making?

Chas
--
MacGregor Games
Purveyors of historic pastimes to re-enactors around the world