hist-games: FW: Old dominoes

Chas webmaster at historicgames.com
Tue Feb 13 06:03:40 PST 2001

I would assume it was just to help hold the wood and bone together. My
understanding is that many early dominos were made of thin slabs of dark wood
and bone attached to each other, with the pips drilled through the wood to
expose the white of the bone rather than painting the pips.

Chas
--
MacGregor Games
Purveyors of historic pastimes to re-enactors around the world