hist-games: link-boys

Alexx S Kay alexx at world.std.com
Mon Feb 12 06:52:43 PST 2001

I know from Dickens that a "link" is a candle or small torch-like object
used to light one's way in the dark.  Presumably, a "link-boy" carries
one of these to help customers find their way home.

Alexx Kay
Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employers
alexx at world.std.com
http://world.std.com/~alexx
"'I must carry this burden myself!' said Jesus crossly."
      -- Thant Tessman