hist-games: Games appropriate for children

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Sun Jan 28 01:07:51 PST 2001

> > Don't neglect the Game of the Goose, though.  It's addictive.
>
> Actually, I found Goose to be boring.  And all but the very youngest of
> children with whom I played it agreed.  We ended up stopping in mid game so
> that people could go and do _interesting_ things with their day.

Amazing.  I had a group of people aged 8 to well over 60 and the only reason
the game ended was that the feast servers scraped the pieces off the table
and put the board away while the dice were still being rolled.  7 players at
the highest, but the minimum during the 3+ hour game run was 4.

The In and Inn game was the only other one that went that long, and we just
picked up the dice and pot and moved to a corner on the floor.  :)

- Teceangl
--
        The (Fieldless) is a convention which says "no, we didn't
	forget a field tincture here, there isn't any, so sod off".