hist-games: Games appropriate for children

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Sat Jan 27 15:49:59 PST 2001

> Gluckshaus and the Game of Goose.  But I was hoping maybe the list could
> come up with something more...well, esoteric, for lack of a better word?

Don't neglect the Game of the Goose, though.  It's addictive.

> Only requirements I am looking for is that the game be fairly easy to
> make (I'll have to make game boards/pieces/whatever else necessary), and
> that it can be learned by late-elementary school kids on up.

If you can get the board made, Shove Ha'penny is a lot of fun.  Aha!
James Masters' page has the info:
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/james.masters/TraditionalGames/ShoveHaPenny.htm

- Teceangl
--
        The (Fieldless) is a convention which says "no, we didn't
	forget a field tincture here, there isn't any, so sod off".