hist-games: Games appropriate for children

Eva Grammer kattmeow at nvrfastenuf.com
Fri Jan 26 11:42:21 PST 2001

I was hoping the list could help me out here.

I am teaching at Gulf Wars Page School this year on period games.  I
have been challenged by the Page School Dean to find a new game for the
kids to learn this year.  Meridian kids are pretty up on their
games...they do Nine Men's Morris and the like.  So, I was thinking
Gluckshaus and the Game of Goose.  But I was hoping maybe the list could
come up with something more...well, esoteric, for lack of a better word?

Only requirements I am looking for is that the game be fairly easy to
make (I'll have to make game boards/pieces/whatever else necessary), and
that it can be learned by late-elementary school kids on up.

Thanks in advance,
--
Cynwise aet Sceaduwode
MoC, Vulpine Reach, Meridies

--Part of an Anglo-Saxon "field remedy" charm