hist-games: Chandal-mandal?

SEDWilkins at aol.com SEDWilkins at aol.com
Wed Jan 24 04:50:53 PST 2001

Hi again--separate post in case anyone's just scanning the subject lines.

Has anyone out there heard of a medieval game from India or Persia called
chandal-mandal? I've seen it referenced along with chaupur, which is, I
believe, a pre-pachisi race game, and polo, which obviously is not a board
game at all. So I'm not sure what kind of game chandal-mandal was, but it
sounds intriguing.

Sally Wilkins