hist-games: card games--Naib/ganjifa and Zodiac

SEDWilkins at aol.com SEDWilkins at aol.com
Wed Dec 20 21:31:18 PST 2000

Thierry and Trevor-

thank you so much for the ganjifa references! I was sure there must be some
games, not just a lot of intriguing art associated with them!

Chas-thanks for the Zodiac information. Indeed, my copy of Bell, purchased
used, has none of the loose plates--but I'm really surprised it wasn't
mentioned in the index, either. What else am I missing, I wonder? I figured
the loose pages were simply usable "boards" for some of the games described
elsewhere in the book.

The picture came up fine from the link you gave
(http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/3154/Zodiac.html), although backing
it to it from the backgammon book page it still doesn't load. Weird.

While you're in a fixing mode, you might want to know that the of the links
in the table at the bottom of the page only "links" and "dice" seem to work.
The others all bring me to Yahoo's OOPS page.  (Then again, maybe you *don't*
want to know this.)

Sally W