hist-games: Queries about the Game of the Goose

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 17:50:52 PST 2000

--- Lee-Gwen <piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au> wrote:
> I am quite surprised that I need to ask this
> question, given that The Game
> of the Goose was played on a commercially available
> printed board and thus
> there should be little argument about the placement
> of particular squares.
>
> Gwynydd of Culloden

Gwynydd,

I have never seen a commercially available printed
board of the Game of the Goose.  Who makes it?  Where
could I get a copy?  I am from Los Angeles,
California, and usually I can find almost anything
somewhere in the Greater Los Angeles area, but this I
haven't.  I suspect that it may be British or perhaps
Australian?

The only board I have ever seen up-close-and-personal
is the one that I made for myself based on one of
Bell's books.  It is just a piece of wood that I
woodburned the game onto.  I use generic wooden
counters for the pieces.  Not fancy, but it works.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.