hist-games: Landsknecht Query

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Nov 3 17:52:21 PST 2000

> I am onto Landsknecht and find myself with a question.  The rules I have
> say:
>
> "The dealer lays a wager and players match it in whole or in part (the
> combined wagers of the players may not exceed the dealers' stake)."
>
> I am wondering if this means that the dealer has to wager at least one unit
> (e.g.1 "gold coin") per player (e.g. in a game of 3 players plus the dealer,
> the dealer must bet at least 3 units)?

I intrepreted it to mean that if the dealer places out only a 3 coin bet,
any players beyond the first three need to sit that game out.  But yes, the
dealer's bets must be a minimum of one unit per player.

- Teceangl
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect, had intended for us to forgo their use." - Galileo