hist-games: Landsknecht Query

Lee-Gwen piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Thu Nov 2 20:06:43 PST 2000

I am presently (and finally!  This should have been started a month ago)
organising a booklet of games for the up-coming Tavern event about which I
have been boring the List  to date.

I am onto Landsknecht and find myself with a question.  The rules I have
say:

"The dealer lays a wager and players match it in whole or in part (the
combined wagers of the players may not exceed the dealers' stake)."

I am wondering if this means that the dealer has to wager at least one unit
(e.g.1 "gold coin") per player (e.g. in a game of 3 players plus the dealer,
the dealer must bet at least 3 units)?

Gwynydd