hist-games: Dreydel

Brent Hanner behanner at castleliechtenstein.net
Mon Oct 2 16:50:51 PDT 2000

SEDWilkins at aol.com wrote:

> Kurt-
>
> thanks for the dreydel information. Sounds like it falls within my timeframe
> (470-1470) but in Europe, where I have no lack of games, rather than (as I
> was hoping although not very confidently) in the Middle East, which is
> strikingly low on either games or sports!

Try starting with the Encyclopedia of the middle ages.  It has a section
on games in either Islam or the middle east.  It has a short
bibliography.

Brent

--
"So fashioned is a woman's mind:  though she be young or old, I find,
 she likes to have a lot of dresses.  It is not enough if she possesses

Service of Ladies by Ulrich von Lichtenstien