hist-games: Dreydel

JVButlerJr at aol.com JVButlerJr at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 09:08:19 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/2/00 8:34:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
SEDWilkins at aol.com writes:

> thanks for the dreydel information. Sounds like it falls within my
timeframe
>  (470-1470) but in Europe, where I have no lack of games, rather than (as I
>  was hoping although not very confidently) in the Middle East, which is
>  strikingly low on either games or sports!

    Not so!  The middle east is fairly afloat with games and sports... most
of which were taken from other areas (mancala, eighteen variations on chess
that I've been able to find, and a rather sedate version of tablero, to name
a few).  LOL.  So if you mean "native" games and sports, you are quite
correct.

    Jack Butler