hist-games: Gambling games for Tavern

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sun Oct 1 23:39:03 PDT 2000

I think I had better clear up a misconception about my needs for this
upcoming Tavern event.  I admit freely that this misconception is my own
doing and I apologise for not being clearer at the outset.

I am looking for games which are period in the SCA sense of the word (that
is from 600ad - 1600 ad) but I am a bit more fluid in my understanding of
this term than some - I will allow about a century either way.  18th century
is some distance outside my desires here.

Oh, and I should also mention that I don't have a lot of resources here (I
am in Tasmania, we only have a small library and I have few books in my own
collection), so I really need either the rules for games or pointers to
their web location.

Many thanks for the input, BTW, I am finding the posts (both to the List and
privately) quite fascinating.

Gwynydd of Culloden