hist-games: Gambling games for Tavern

John McLeod john at pagat.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 30 12:19:04 PDT 2000

Lee-Gwen <piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au> wrote:
>> 1) Try playing "21" with dice (the black-jack card game).  Instead of
>> drawing additional cards, you keep on rolling.
>
>I am really looking for Medieval games; is this likely to be one?  I have
>had some trouble finding rules for dice games before.

How about Hazard? That's certainly Medieval - it's mentioned in
Chaucer's Canterbury Tales for example. As far as I remember the rules
are not hard to find - it's the ancestor of the modern American dice
game Craps, but more complicated.
--
John McLeod                      For information on card games visit
john at pagat.demon.co.uk           http://www.pagat.com/