hist-games: Lustig Sieben

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Sep 27 01:14:51 PDT 2000

I'm looking for anything that might help me place or document a supposedly
German dice game called Lustig Sieben (Gay Seven).

I found a reference to it in _Fun and Games in Old Europe_ by W. Endrei
and L. Zolnay (p. 35) and a picture of a board which seems to match the
description from that book in _Games of the World_ on p. 137.

I've made a test redaction of the rules and a board similar to the one
pictured in the above reference, but need more to be certain about my
recreation and dating.

- Teceangl
--
     To heck with a self-cleaning oven; I want a self-cleaning fish.