hist-games: Chinese domino games

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Mar 28 17:26:26 PST 2000

> I am trying to find information on Chinese domino games in English.  Not
> Mah Jong, but the dominoes used in Pai Gow and other games.

My sources:
_The World of Games_ by Jack Botermans et. al.  This is a translation of
_Een Wereld vol spelletjes_ and has several Chinese domino games.

_Games of the World_ edited by Frederic V. Grunfeld.  This is from the
same research group as the above book, but has less on Chinese dominoes.

_The Way to Play_  by the Diagram Group.  Another book in the same vein,
and done by the same gang, as the ones above.  Three games of Chinese
dominoes in this one.

Note that the Diagram Group has published yet another book, available at
Barnes & Noble, but I cannot remember its name or if it covered domino
games.

The three titles listed above are widely available through libraries, but
are out of print.  Still, they are not uncommon in used bookstores.  They
are pretty decent resources.

- Teceangl
--
                Gwell car yn y llys nag aur ar fys