hist-games: Kingy

Mark Waks, AKA Justin du Coeur justin at intermetrics.com
Thu Nov 4 11:36:56 PST 1999

Sarah Wakely wrote:
> I am a member of an British War if the Roses re-enactment group (and am new
> to this mailing list, so please excuse any faux pas!).

That's fine -- good to have some folks from more clubs here. (The
majority of this list is made up of SCA people, although we've got folks
from all over.)

> As part of our
> display we often play 'Kingy'. I understand it's a miltary game, but even
> though I've tried I've not yet managed to find out much about its origins.
> Does anyone know where and when this fun but exhausting game came from?

Haven't heard of it. Can you describe it? We might be able to at least
guess at its forebears...

				-- Justin

Random Quote du Jour:

Some Terms of Venery: