hist-games: Kingy

Sarah Wakely sarwak at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 09:13:54 PST 1999

To the knowledgeable members of this list!
I am a member of an British War if the Roses re-enactment group (and am new
to this mailing list, so please excuse any faux pas!). As part of our
display we often play 'Kingy'. I understand it's a miltary game, but even
though I've tried I've not yet managed to find out much about its origins.
Does anyone know where and when this fun but exhausting game came from?
Regards,
Sarah