hist-games: SCA gaming award

Mark Waks, AKA Justin du Coeur justin at intermetrics.com
Wed Oct 27 10:36:56 PDT 1999

David KUIJT wrote:
>> [Awards specifically for gaming]
> Atlantia does not.  However, I received my Laurel in major part because of
> my work in period cards and card games; I am aware of at least one Pearl
> (Kingdom Arts award) given for work in dice games.

Yes, ditto my Manche (Kingdom Arts award). Far as I'm aware, gaming is
(appropriately, IMO) lumped in with all the other arts the Society
practices, and is treated as such for purposes of awards...

				-- Justin

Random Quote du Jour:

"There is an explanation for Attila. For Haman. For Cortez. For Cesare
 Borgia. For Christie and Speck and Manson, and Nixon ... and
 Torquemada. But only the Nemotropin know the explanation, and they
 smile as best they can with bloody mandibles."
		-- from "N is for Nemotropin"