hist-games: Dice games?

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Sat Oct 2 04:25:08 PDT 1999

Greetings.

I'm seeking information on dice and dicing games known to Europe and Japan
before 1600.  Of particular interest to me are any non-standard dice (for
independent games or board games) and intricate dicing games.
I've got access to Justin's site, am checking it out right now.  But I'm
really hoping to score further information.  Any sources with pictures of
medieval or Renaissance dice would be ideal.
(And does anyone know of an earlier name for Shut the Box?)

Thanks in advance.

- Teceangl
--
      Conflict checker to knaves, knights, kings, and all between.